The Westport Arts Center (WAC) is a nonprofit visual and performing arts organization located in Westport, CT. WAC presents approximately 200 programs annually including contemporary art exhibitions, arts education for children and teens ages 2 -18, and chamber music and jazz concerts. Through art classes, workshops, family programs, school field trips and outreach opportunities, more than 4,000 students experience art each year.
WAC has been a vital cultural force in the community for 49 years and collaborates with dozens of cultural and community organizations in the region. The organization employs full-time and part-time staff members and has an active and committed Board of Directors.
Gallery Attendant (Saturdays 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Greet guests
- Answer phones
- Light clerical duties
- Some college
- Interest in working in a creative, non-profit environment
- Ability to work with guests in a courteous, professional manner.
- Background or interest in contemporary art preferred.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.
Marketing Manger/Graphic Designer
- Design and manage all Westport Arts Center print communications in support of departmental (Visual Arts, Development, Education, and Concert Series) needs including advertising, direct mail, program guides, gallery materials, invitations, calls for entry, and other supporting materials.
- Design and execute updates to WAC website and digital presence, including homepage, calendar, membership and fundraising information, exhibitions, classes, and event registration.
- Assist in the development of WAC branding guidelines for use across all WAC communications.
- Assist with press outreach and press relations.
- Maintain and build community collaborations with other key regional non-profit and corporate organizations.
- Create and manage internal communications timelines.
- Oversee Google Analytics and other analytic tools to assess and improve marketing communications over time; prepare reports for WAC team.
- Manage and optimize WAC social media plan, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram presence and campaigns, in accordance with overall WAC marketing plan.
- Manage WAC e-blast program, including email design, database management, and analytics/analysis.
- High level of competency with InDesign and Adobe Creative suite.
- Familiarity/past experience using Google application suite (Drive, Sheets, etc).
- Familiarity/past experience with a CRM/customer database system.
- Able to juggle many different tasks simultaneously; comfortable wearing “many hats” for the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; comfortable representing WAC in communityl
- Interest in working in a creative, fast-paced non-profit environment.
- At least three years working in a marketing role, including graphic design and print production.
Hours Per Week
- Between 25-40/hours per week; to be mutually determined.
- Commensurate with experience
Please send resumés to Leslie LaSala, Director of Marketing: email@example.com; no phone calls please.