The Westport Arts Center (WAC) is a nonprofit visual and performing arts organization located in Westport, CT. WAC presents approximately 200 programs annually including contemporary art exhibitions, arts education for children and teens ages 2 -18, and chamber music and jazz concerts. Through art classes, workshops, family programs, school field trips and outreach opportunities, more than 4,000 students experience art each year.
WAC has been a vital cultural force in the community for 47 years and collaborates with dozens of cultural and community organizations in the region. The organization employs full-time and part-time staff members and has an active and committed Board of Directors.
Art Educator And Assistant
Time Commitment: 20 hrs/week, extended hours in the summer
The Westport Arts Center is seeking a highly motivated arts enrichment educator, comfortable teaching students ages 3-17. Applicant must have fine arts degree and teaching experience, with the enthusiasm and flexibility to thrive in an evolving program.
As part of a small team, applicant must be a team player, willing to help when needed and comfortable with being highly flexible.
The Educator and Assistant will be tasked with assisting the Director of Education upon request, and reports directly to the Director of Education. Their role will encompass both education roles, and office management roles, as directed by their supervisor.
- Maintains art studio space. This maintenance includes cleaning the space, keeping the space and supplies organized, tracking the supply inventory, and refreshing the inventory when necessary by making supply runs.
- Develop lesson plans for specifically assigned classes, while following guidelines of course write-up.
- Teach all arts education programs assigned, both in-house and off-site.
- Lead occasional weekend events, birthday parties, and attend occasional evening events.
- Lead outreach exhibit tours to visiting groups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Please send resume and cover letter to Lillie Fortino, Director of Education: email@example.com