THIS CALL FOR ENTRIES IS NOW CLOSED.
We are pleased to announce the 2018 Call For Entries for our Annual High School Student Art Exhibition. High school students throughout the region are invited to submit original works of art showcasing their creativity and artistic talent.
In its fourth year, the exhibition will be reviewed by esteemed juror and art historian Elizabeth Gorayeb, Executive Director of the world renowned Wildenstein Plattner Institute. She will also serve as the curator for WAC’s Spring Exhibition.
- The Tracy Sugarman Award ($100), to the Juror’s Choice for best submission among Westport students
- The Sontag Award ($500), to the Juror’s Selection for Best in Show
- The People’s Choice Award ($250), to the artist who has received the most votes by the public
- Submission Deadline: Friday, March 2, 2018 at midnight
- Selection notification date: Monday, March 5, 2018 at 6pm via email
- Drop off of selected art to the Westport Arts Center is on Monday, March 12 from Noon–4:30 pm
- Opening Night reception and Awards Announcements: Friday, March 23 at 6pm
- Only 1, two-dimensional artwork submission per student (completed in 2017 or later)
- No sculptures, films and three-dimensional works will be accepted
- Artwork may not exceed 24” any direction, including frame
- Work must be ready to hang with wire; works on paper must be framed and wired
- By submitting a work, you consent to your work’s use in any promotional purposes, including social media and press materials
There is a $10 entry fee. Scholarships available based on financial need. Please contact us at 203/222-7070 for more information.
For more information, please contact the Westport Arts Center at 203.222.7070.