The Westport Arts Center is excited to announce its new Facility Grant Partnership Program designed to provide free rental of its gallery facility (51 Riverside Avenue) to three qualifying non-profit organizations in 2018.
Our goal is to be a gathering place for the community, where nonprofit organizations and community leaders can continue to work together to support and enrich our region. An important part of this vision is to enable local non-profit organizations use of our gallery space at no financial cost.
Interested applicants must complete the online application below by December 15, 2017. The Westport Arts Center will announce its three partners for the program by December 31, 2017.
In order to be considered, applicant must:
- Be a qualified and verifiable 501(c)(3) organization
- Hold event(s) at WAC that are free of charge to attendees
- Be based in Fairfield County
- Provide Certificate of Insurance for rental (consistent with our paid gallery rentals)
- Uphold high ethical standards without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability
- Submit a completed application, including a summary of 500 words or less on the impact of their organization to the community at large (see attached application).
Selected applicants will receive:
- Up to three complimentary discrete event rentals of the Westport Arts Center gallery space, with a maximum of four hours and 100 attendees for the duration of each event. See westportartscenter.org for details and specifications on WAC’s facility.*
- Complimentary “Individual (Friend) Memberships” (value of $50) for its members, which can be upgraded to a higher membership level (individual to pay for only incremental value). See our membership page for more information on membership levels.
- The assistance/time of one WAC Staff member during the duration of each event rental at no additional cost.
In return, the selected organization will provide:
- Twenty hours of volunteers’ time to assist with WAC events, including exhibition openings, music concerts and fundraisers. The specific events/time slots will be confirmed upon signing of agreement.
- Constituent contact/email addresses (and provision of permission to email constituents directly).
- Promotion of three WAC events during the calendar year, to be agreed on upon signing of agreement. This could include print, website, email, or social media promotion.
- Please review our standard event rental policy for any restrictions, including food and beverage guidelines.
- Additionally, gallery walls are not available for the hanging of any art or event materials; this program is not designed as an opportunity to host art exhibitions. Any art or event signage must be placed on free-standing easels or pedestals. Easels/pedestals must be brought in by partner organizations; they are NOT provided by WAC.
*Note that Westport Arts Center reserves the right to blackout specific dates and times.