The Westport Arts Center (WAC) is a nonprofit visual and performing arts organization located along the banks of the Saugatuck River. WAC’s 1,000 square foot contemporary Gallery is available for private, nonprofit, and corporate rentals. Our venue offers a unique environment for special events including business meetings, fundraisers, birthday parties, bridal showers, educational workshops, as well as many other kinds of celebrations and gatherings.
Professionally curated arts exhibitions surround the meeting space, and serve as a platform for lively discussion or as a quiet contemplative backdrop. Attendees can mingle while sipping wine and sampling hors d’oeuvres or sit down for a more formal event or presentation. The layout of certain exhibitions may limit the capacity of the Gallery. WAC’s Event Managers will work with you to determine the best layout for your event.
2017-18 Facility Grant Partnership Program
Are you with a non-profit organization? Click here to learn more about our new Facility Grant Partnership Program, designed to enable local non-profit organizations use of our gallery space at no financial cost.
- Maximum capacity for Gallery: 200 standing, 100 seated
- Outdoor deck overlooking the Saugatuck River
- Handicap ramp access
- Women’s & Men’s restrooms
- Separate Handicap bathroom facility with baby changing station
- 6 ft plastic banquet tables with folding legs (8); folding chairs (93); non-folding chairs (8).
- Modern Le Corbusier Cassina leather lounge furniture – 1 couch; 3 chairs; glass coffee table.
- Galley kitchen for cold food & beverage storage that includes sink, microwave oven and apartment-size dishwasher.
- No red wine or caramel-colored carbonated beverages allowed on the premises.
- WAC staff will be present to open/close gallery for event and oversee safety of artwork.
- WAC staff is not responsible for set-up, catering, or clean-up.
- Simply Delicious is the preferred caterer of the Westport Arts Center
Birthday Party Themes
Crazy Letter Collage
Abstract Art Party
Stenciled Canvas Backpack Party
Custom Party Theme
- Family is responsible for providing food, refreshments, table decorations, gift bags or party favors.
- Please note: Wall decorations, balloons, and red, pink and alcoholic drinks are prohibited in the gallery
- While we understand that number of guests may change during the birthday-party-planning process, we ask that you confirm the number of guests no later than three days prior to your birthday party date to allow WAC Instructors to adequately prepare art materials and lesson plan. If our educators discuss special ordering materials with you in advance, you may be subject to any agreed upon materials fee even if the number of children changes.
- Due to the limited space in the Art Studio, we ask that no more than 2-3 guest family or host family members remain in the studio during the duration of the art activity.
- Additional charges will apply for guests that exceed your birthday party package as well as special materials for custom packages