Since 1969 the Westport Arts Center has been a nexus for the visual and performing arts in Fairfield County. We rely on the energy and talent of our volunteers to staff more than 100 arts programs throughout our season. Volunteers help us stay on track both fiscally and artistically.
Volunteers work with staff in an atmosphere of mutual respect, fulfilling our mission of providing meaningful arts experiences for area residents of all ages.
- Volunteers serve as ticket takers, box office staff, ushers and refreshment and merchandise managers for concerts.
- Volunteers provide hospitality, greet patrons, set up and clean up at art gallery openings.
- Volunteers assist our Gallery Coordinator with art installations, including hanging artwork, preparing the gallery, researching artists and entering data.
- Volunteers help with WAC mailings, administrative tasks, filing, data entry, phone calls and monthly poster distribution.
- Volunteers help with communications and publicity, writing press materials and newsletter items, taking photographs at events, and putting together media kits and other publicity materials.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Volunteers enjoy the benefits of working in the cultural atmosphere of a distinguished arts institution.
- Volunteers enjoy complimentary admission to performing arts concerts at which they work.
- All volunteers are invited to attend the annual Volunteer Reception.
How to Start Volunteering:
Prospective volunteers should contact Marina White at (203) 222-7070 to discuss how their interests and talents might help WAC meet its needs.