2018-19 Concert Series Season Tickets ON SALE NOW
LENNY IN WESTPORT: CELEBRATING LEONARD BERNSTEIN AND HIS WORLD, ON THE CENTENARY OF HIS BIRTH
Your support as a season ticket holder aids Westport Arts Center's ongoing commitment to bringing exceptional classical and jazz performances to Fairfield County and to connecting the community through the arts.
WAC Member Season Tickets: $200
Non-Member Season Tickets: $250, become a member for as little as $50 today!
Season ticket holders will receive reserved front section seating, early entry 15 minutes before doors open, and access to special events through the concert season.
The 2018-19 Concert Series Performances
- September 22, 2018 @ 8:00 pm: BILL CHARLAP TRIO | Grammy award winning pianist Bill Charlap is joined by bassist Peter Washington and drummer Kenny Washington to present the Leonard Bernstein Songbook. The program celebrates Bernstein’s beloved classics written for stage and film.
- January 19, 2019 @ 8:00 pm: ENSEMBLE REBEL | Hailed by The New York Times as "sophisticated and beguiling" and praised by The Los Angeles Times for their "astonishingly vital music-making," the award-winning, New York-based ensemble, REBEL (pronounced Re-BEL) is one of North America's top-tier ensembles specializing in 17th- & 18th-century repertoire performed on period instruments. REBEL presents a Winter Baroque program entitled "Barocco".
- February 2, 2019 @ 8:00 pm: MAK GRGIC | Young guitar soloist Mak Grgic is an up-and-coming performer The New York Times calls, "Gifted. Imaginative. Expressive." His program features music from the avant-garde to the great classics of guitar repertoire and includes the artist’s own fantasia on Leonard Bernstein’s West Side Story
- March 2, 2019 @ 8:00 pm: BORROMEO STRING QUARTET | In honor of Leonard Bernstein, Borromeo String Quartet presents a program celebrating American music of the 1930s. Praised for its “edge-of-the- seat performances,” by The Boston Globe, which called it “simply the best,” the quartet is currently in residence at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
- May 3, 2019 @ 8:00 pm: TRIO SOLISTI | Called "the most exciting piano trio in America” by The New Yorker, Trio Solisti's violinist Maria Bachmann, cellist Alexis Pia Gerlach, and pianist Fabio Bidini perform Beethoven, Brahms, Copland and Bernstein.
The Westport Arts Center thanks WSHU for their generous support.